Here’s 5 books everyone (all ages) should read:
1. Bright-Sided by Barbara Ehrenreich (How positive-thinking has gotten out of control and gone overboard in business, the media & everyday life. Even more than you think. Reading about her history of New Thought is eye-opening).
2. Self-Creation by George Weinberg (One of the top 3 most useful & believable self-help/psychology books I’ve ever read).
3. The World Almanac Book of the Strange, Vol. ONE (This is the most level, even-handed treatment, pro and con, that I’ve ever seen of all that out-there stuff you’ve ever wondered about, like: The Pyramids, The Bermuda Triangle, Nostradamus, Atlantis, Easter Island, etc.) An interesting read.
4. Philosophy Made Simple by Richard Popkin & Avrum Stroll (I think it helps you to think more deeply and question things). Easy to understand.
5. Difficult Personalities by Helen McGrath & Hazel Edwards (How to deal with & understand the people who aggravate and frustrate you).